You may develop eye infections in various parts of your eyes, such as the eyelids, cornea (the transparent layer outside the iris), or the conjunctiva (the area covering the whites of the eyes). Eye infections can make one or both of your eyes look red or pink, and you might notice a liquid discharge from your eyes, but the specific symptoms usually depend on the type of eye infection.
What are Eye Infections?
Symptoms of Eye Infections:
- Pain or discomfort in the eyes
- Itchiness in the eyes
- Gritty sensations in the eyes
- Increased light sensitivity
- Burning sensations in the eyes
- Painful lump under the eyelid
- Tenderness in the eyelids
- Constant tearing up of the eyes
- Irritation and inflammation of the eyes
- Yellow or green discharge from the eyes
- Swollen, red, or purple eyelids
- Redness in the whites of the eyes
- Lashes become crusty in the morning
Schedule an Appointment
Medical Surgical Eye Institute is a premier eye care center specializing in cutting-edge diagnosis and treatment solutions for a wide range of vision problems. Our medical providers carefully examine your eyes, discuss your goals, review your medical history, and formulate personalized eye infection treatment options for you. If you notice signs and symptoms of eye infections, please schedule an appointment with our ophthalmologists in Worcester, MA.